Skip to content
(207) 539-4452
Call UsSend a Message

Mold Restoration and Mold Removal

Mold removal should not be attempted by a homeowner. Call ServiceMaster now to help with your mold removal and restoration.

Emergency Line: (207) 539-4452
Learn About Mold Health Effects 

ServiceMaster’s Mold Removal Expertisemold on a wall next to carpeted stairs

We are one of the few mold remediation companies who are certified as a licensed Pesticide Applicator by the State of Maine. With IICRC and RIA certified technicians and state of the art equipment, we can remediate almost any size commercial or residential loss.  If you have a mold issue in your home or business, we will provide an 1) estimate and a scope of work, 2) remove or treat the affected areas as well as 3) dry out any rooms or spaces where mold can grown. Visible mold most often is not the problem as mold thrives in dark, humid and undisturbed areas such as the backsides of walls. The source of moisture must be identified and removed as well or mold will come right back and re-establish itself.

Our Work Is Guaranteed

While we guarantee our work, we also partner with virtually every third party industrial hygienist in the state who can certify that the mold from that loss will not return and that there is no danger to your family or employees.

About Mold

Mold Cleaning Windham Maine - a ceiling with large black mold spots

Mold Cleaning Windham

Mold is an aggressive living organism. There are thousands of species in Maine that are in the air all around us and simply need a food source, moisture and to be undisturbed in order to thrive. Many Maine homes are perfect places for mold to grow as many are close to bodies of water which keeps humidity high year round. Seasonal homes are particularly at risk if left unattended for months at a time.

Mold releases spores into the air which will settle and propagate making removal of mold extremely difficult. Even when all of the visible mold has been removed, many spores will remain in the air and settle to and begin to grow again.

Why is Mold Dangerous?

The reason why mold is so dangerous is because it emits waste products into the air called mycotoxins. Some of these chemicals can be relatively benign while others are poisonous and have dangerous side effects particularly on children, the elderly and those with compromised immune systems. Mold spores, particularly in high concentrations can also cause health risks. The faster that mold removal can happen, the better.

Mold Health Effects

Learn more about the health effects of mold here, or visit the Center for Disease Control. 

Share Button
Accessibility Statement
©2022 ServiceMaster Fire & Water Restoration. All rights reserved. An independent business licensed to serve you by ServiceMaster Clean.