Water Damage Freeport Maine Water ...
Water Damage Tips
Minimizing Water Damage:
What To Do During a Water Loss
- Call ServiceMaster Fire & Water Restoration (207) 539-4452
- Shut off the water to the source of the loss.
- Remove as much water as safely possible by mopping and blotting.
- Remove wet area rugs or other floor coverings that are not tacked or glued down. Do not attempt to start removing wall-to-wall carpet.
- Lift draperies off the floor, loop through a coat hanger and place the hanger on the drapery rod.
- Wipe furniture, prop up wet furniture cushions for even drying and place aluminum foil under furniture legs or elevate furniture from water exposure.
- Move photos, paintings and art objects and personal items to a safe, dry location.
- Do not remove books from shelves. Rather, pack them tightly to prevent warping of pages until a restoration professional can begin this specialized drying.
- Open drawers, closet and cabinet doors to enhance drying.
- Speak to your insurance agent or representative to fully understand your coverage.
Please AVOID The Following:
- Do not enter a room with standing water until you are certain all sources of electricity have been turned off and there is no danger of electrocution.
- Do not use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Do not lift tacked-down carpet without professional help.
- Do not use any electrical appliances while on wet carpet or flooring.
- Do not disturb or attempt to remove visible mold.
- Do not turn on ceiling fixtures, such as fans or lights, if ceiling is wet, and stay out of rooms where ceilings are wet and/or sagging.
ServiceMaster Fire & Water Restoration is available 24/7/365 to return your home or business back to normal after a water loss. We have trained and certified personnel and over 100 years combined experience.